- This event has passed.
Supporting Children with Autism: A Training for Paraprofessionals (Lawton)
January 29, 2019 - January 30, 2019$185
This two-day workshop is designed for paraprofessionals, teacher assistants, and Head Start providers who serve children with autism and other developmental disabilities. Practical information regarding how ASD effects classroom performance and effective supports is provided.
- An introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- The role of the paraprofessional
- Strategies for supporting students with ASD
- Increasing communication and social interactions
- Addressing challenging behavior
- A parent’s perspective – parent panel
- Making and using reinforcement boards
This training is being hosted by Lawton Public Schools and presented by the Oklahoma Autism Center