- This event has passed.
March 4 - March 5Free
Autism Spectrum Disorder:
Foundation Training for Teachers and other Certified Staff
This two day workshop is designed for teachers and other certified staff who serve students with autism and other developmental disabilities. Upon completion participants will have practical information regarding how ASD affects classroom performance. Effective strategies and supports will be provided.
- Autism: What we know
- Characteristics of autism
- Identification of autism
- The power of teaming
- Inclusive practices
- Classroom strategies for supporting students with ASD
- Enhancing students’ communication and social interactions
- Social emotional supports
- Understanding and de-escalating behavior
- Parent and self-advocate perspectives
- Motivating change